Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just Signal Ahead: A Rant

It's said in our oldest myths about Old Home (whats the pinky-out frifroo types calls "TEHH-rah"), that even then they had developed technology that allowed them to communicate with each other. Mind you, this was more long ago so it wasn't we was all brainplugged into the Grid. It was a primitive audiovoice handheld commo device using something called "radio" waves. And even back then, it was accepted as courteous manners to use this box and "call along or ahead" which means to communicate with the person before you showed up knocking at his main portal.

Personally, I finds that it is a good custom. So, here's my position.

If yous coming to visit mineself, you gots to signal ahead. Don't appear on the edge of my Grid sense shooting off waves of intent. Yeah, I got that upgrade. Cry some more!

If you come within my Grid sense waving intent, I'm making distance. Clear? Just call ahead and let me know to expect you. I don't care if you do it from just outside my Grid sense. Just signal.

Maybe you got to serve me process. Maybe that old juvy Syn charge from Pyra has finally caught up with me. Maybe it's Mum back from her latest rejuv and wanting to tattle me sex tales.

Or maybe it's my enemies: The Stellar Express Couriers. I have never gotten good news from any of them. When I sight them, I open fire. Home turrets too. BURN blue uniform messenger of evil!

And you damned green drippy sea squid-looking suction cup face monsters from that homeworld that sounds like a dog up-heaving dinner onto the floor. Blaw-THRRA. I'll never say it like you so stop with the nasty looks! Damn I hate those nasty beasties! GET ON THE GRID LOSERS! That way I won't have to kill the next 5k I meet.

Anyone want to talk about the Kree? Holy hells! I don't care what you want to say your names are, you are the Kree. Deal with it Kree. It isn't an insult. You're just a bunch of dumb, lazy, good for nothing Kree. You are giant cockroach praying mantis creatures from the Abyss. Your mandible pincers look designed to slice human heads off.

Oh, yeah, while I'm ranting, does anyone in the Coalition really believe there's an Orc running for office? Do those pigmen understand anything but money or brute force? Their government Classification is "a splintered extralegal econo-paramilitary tyranny." What old Home Earthers called a mafia! And now we are letting them into government? Did some govBrain think they weren't corrupt enough?

Ye bols, what about those prissy pansy types with them pointy ears! They look a bunch of pris lads when they shake at you. You know the ones I mean, right? They look human enough, just the ears and sharper features verse us. The pris ones with the hide coats and prissy pants that shake and bop around. Sometimes they even sing! I saw one last week with mane a .5m high! GET ON THE GRID! Even Orcs got the decency to be Gridwise. I think I heard the one last week say they were called Elvy or something like that. LOSERS!

My point: If you are coming to me, just signal ahead. Takes 2secs. "Hey, incoming." Otherwise, we're going to dance. OR I'm going to clear. Depends on mood. Entering my Grid sense with intent sirening is a declaration of war. All you that refuse to be Gridwise, you're Finaled.

No comments: